Company: OrbSense Technologies LLC
Role: Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer
Dates: July 2015 – January 2017
While working at Samsung on a project for the connected home, one of my colleagues told me about an idea he had for a wireless temperature sensor for use with a pot or pan. We riffed on this over some time and then decided to begin working on it as a side project. Several months and just as many prototypes later, we decided to make a go of things with a more refined idea and jumped into startup life.
Together with my co-founder, I developed a product for the connected kitchen called “cluck.” cluck is a patent-pending food-safe temperature sensor that works together with a smartphone to make it easier to monitor and prepare food more conveniently, consistently and safely.
With OrbSense, our company, I had the opportunity to do more than just design a product experience; I was able to craft a holistic, end-to-end experience for a new category of product. Beyond developing the brand, the product positioning and the UX/UI for the product, I also developed a framework for IoT product innovation focused around providing “micro-moments” of utility (ask me about it).
- Design and develop a
connected device for the kitchen and connected home in the Internet of Things (IoT) space. new
- Lead all key aspects of the brand development and product definition
- Develop product innovation framework for future product development
- Led product vision, road map, positioning and definition, market research, identification of target demographic, social media marketing, website SEO
- Developed branding and logos for
company, product logo development
- Designed and created all assets for UX and UI design for smartphone application
- Prototype development for iOS and Alexa voice scenarios
- Defined and ran field testing and user research
- Content development for website and all social media platforms
- Defined strategy and created all content for
- Patent application writing and filing.
ResultView the full campaign page: http://www.malekzadeh.net/cluck
Product Packaging I did as part of our licensing strategy