I work with teams that believe in the power of design to connect with problems deeply in order to bring about deeply meaningful solutions.
Though I still love to design, I’ve spent the last 10+ years exploring who I am as a Design Leader. I’ve learned that my passion for building great products – while helping others to do the same – is an extension of my why… of who I am.
And yes, those are all my hats.
- Myers-Briggs: INTJ
- Insights: Blue, Green, Yellow, Red
- Enneagram: Type 5 – investigator, thinker.
Transparent, coaching leadership style. An enthusiastic advocate of ’servant leadership.’
My “Leadership Letter” document details the leadership commitment to my team as well as setting team engagement expectations.
- I’m a big Beatles fan (i.e. can tell you all about Paul being dead)
- I read lots of Sci-Fi as a kid (read Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, Harry Harrison, Roger Zelazny)
- I love Wes Anderson (e.g. Isle of Dogs, Moonrise Kingdom, Grand Budapest Hotel, Life Aquatic, The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, etc.)
- I speak four languages (e.g. English, German, Spanish, and Farsi)
- I am quite proficient at trading on eBay (e.g. 1,000+ positive feedback)
- I enjoy music in minor keys (e.g. The Smiths, Elliott Smith, Sufjan Stevens… anything in E-minor)
- I really dislike salmon (or any fishy-tasting fish)
- I wear hats and caps of all sorts (those are all mine in the photo above)