I’m a biracial, CIS male who’s a son, husband, brother, dad and friend. And as I grow older, a mentor to some.
I was born in the USA to parents from two entirely different parts of the world (Iran and Chile). I grew up in Southern California (dude). I spoke three languages at home. I am the eldest of three.
My family of origin and my upbringing has greatly shaped me (personality, likes, dislikes, etc.) and my WHY (my driving passions). I’ve spent a good amount of time in self-reflection over the years to better understand myself… why I do what I do, why I react the way I do. Here’s what I’ve learned so far:
- Myers-Briggs: INTJ
- Insights: Blue, Green, Yellow, Red
- Enneagram: Type 5 – investigator, thinker.
- Love Languages: Acts of Service, Words of Affirmation, Touch, Time, Gifts
Transparent, coaching leadership style. An enthusiastic advocate of “servant leadership.”
My “Leadership Letter” document details the leadership commitment to my team as well as setting team engagement expectations.
- I’m a big Beatles fan (i.e. can tell you all about Paul being dead)
- I read lots of Sci-Fi as a kid (read Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, Harry Harrison, Roger Zelazny)
- I love Wes Anderson (e.g. Isle of Dogs, Moonrise Kingdom, Grand Budapest Hotel, Life Aquatic, The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, etc.)
- I speak four languages (e.g. English, German, Spanish, and Farsi)
- I am quite proficient at trading on eBay (e.g. 1,000+ positive feedback)
- I enjoy music in minor keys (e.g. The Smiths, Elliott Smith, Sufjan Stevens… anything in minor)
- I really dislike salmon (or any fishy-tasting fish)
- I wear hats and caps of all sorts (those are all mine in the photo above)